Tuesday, February 13, 2024

What A Day!

 This morning I was up and got moving right away. I vacuumed the house, got laundry going and then took a break. I was still moving on washing and cleaning when Patrick arrived. He was off golfing. I was surprised I didn't even touch the tablet till after everything was done. Once Patrick got home, I walked my 7 laps. 

Came in and then sat to play for awhile. Then I remembered my list on the counter, and went to cancel my ancestry account. While I was at it, I wanted to move my Family Tree Maker to the new computer. That was not an easy task. I also needed to get a letter written to a wife of a veteran that wanted us to make another quilt for him. We don't (and can't) do that. 

I worked on getting my laptop program backed up. I was able to do the Wiltzius family but then I kept restarting the Taylor family. So, I headed in the settings and changed the time it had to wait before shutting down. Now after 2 hours, its about 3/5's done. UGH! 

I was able to load it on the computer but ended up on the phone for about 30 mins before I could get to where I needed to be to get it loaded. Once I was directed to the right spot, I knew I had it. It's now loaded and I have been adding information my cousin has been sending me on the family. I spend the 2 hours adding information on the MATHESON family while I waited for the back up on the TAYLOR family tree. I loaded that from ancestry to the program on this computer. I'm going to take the back up and load the WILTZIUS family tree on it tomorrow. This has been a long process, but it needed to be done. My laptop is starting to give out on me. I may end up taking it to Ed and letting him set it up for charity or something. Frustrating when the laptop is dying on me! I've only had it about 5 years. They aren't cheap either. Now I'm back to a computer and hope it will work for now. 

It wasn't a day where I could being enjoying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...