Saturday, February 10, 2024

Baking And Cross Stitch

This morning, I was up early. Just couldn't sleep. Patrick slept another 2 hours after me. So, I sat and played my games while he slept. I even tried to see if I could get the game on the computer but couldn't.  I was to be on the game at noon. 

So, while I waited for our "war game," I decided to bake Patrick his Magic Bars. He wanted them the last couple days. I even picked up the coconut for it. So, when he reminded me this morning, I decided to get it done and over with by the time I had to play on the tablet. He headed outside and worked in the garden. He spent a good 3 hours outside with the sun out. I worked on laundry and then realized he is going to pile more laundry for me tomorrow. Oh, well. 

I spent the noon playing with game friends. It went well, but I didn't do so good. I got stuck with the other team killing me off. lol So, I had to go back to the safe zone. Ended up in 36th place and no solo rewards. Oh, well, I know better next time. 

We watched a couple shows this afternoon. I pulled out the cross stitching to work on. 

As soon as I did, Sophie came to see if she could get my attention. She knows when I plan to work on something and doesn't waste any time coming to be in my lap! Any other time, she's off on the couch. 

I'm happy with the work I was able to get done. I'm next to the tip of the dove's wing. I'm working my way up to the top. I was able to do about 400 stitches today. I filled in a couple empty spots in the white. Now I'm working my way up. I need to add the gold in the white area that's in the blue. I will work on it later. I like how it's looking. 

Now it's time to call it a night, and I'm just glad to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...