Monday, February 5, 2024

Enjoyed The Morning With Friends

This morning was Brazilian embroidery. Everyone made it there before me. I had to stop a couple of times. Once at the bank and then Dutch Brothers. 

I arrived about 5 mins late. No worries. We had a good visit. Gerilyn was there but had to leave. Her husband is going to have surgery on his knee. So, we won't see her for a couple weeks. Sandy V came from Ocean Shores. She won't be back for about a month. So, it looks like Sandy, Cindy and I are by ourselves again. Sandy V was talking about having demo's at the county fairs. I'm thinking I would ask Kathleen for maybe a day or two. I don't think they want to do the whole week. Might be able to do QOV and BE so both won't be there the whole time. Something to think about. We talked about the classes. 

I took my cross stitching with me. I didn't want to do embroidery today, but cross stitch works just as well. I was able to get this far in that short amount of time. 

On the way home I had to stop at Rite Aid, and then I forgot to pick up what I was going there for. Oh, well. After that, it was Safeway and then the church. Linda Nelson had a quilt for us. 

I added the label to it, and then added it to the 11 quilts I did over the last 2 weeks. We are looking good for now. 

After that, I decided to go back to working on my cross stitching. I really need to try and get it done. My beading was started after this. I think when I finally get this done, it will be a relief. I love it, and really want to finish it. 

I was able to get my stair steps to look like stair steps. I am working on the top of the right side. Santa's beard is coming through. I have to add some more gold. Cindy and the 2 Sandy's said it was prettier in person and I do agree with that. 

I enjoyed being back with good friends. We can laugh and have a good time. That is hard to find these days. I've known Sandy E for close to 20 years now, if not 20 years. We weren't together for about 7 of those years. Then when we got back together, it was like those years never happened. Sandy is an awesome friend that I call my sister - the one I never got to have. It makes it easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...