Tuesday, March 19, 2024

LIFE AFTER OPEN HEART SURGERY

On Monday the 11th at 5:15 am, I was being prepared for open heart surgery.  It was not just once blocked but 2. Surgery went well. Dr. Abelson told Patrick it was as expected.  They had to work on the right side to get the muscles working and did the double bypass on the left side. I was back at ICU by the afternoon.  

Over the course of my stay I met wonderful nurses and doctors all of whom worked towards a better outcome for me. 

As much as I would love to say this has been a cake walk, I won't even go there. I carry around my heart pillow. Careful and safe. Pain, yes. Emotions, yes. Bored at times, yes. There is only the way up.

As much as I would love to blame this on eating, I can't.  I believe most of this is genetic.  From my uncles, and great uncles, to my father, brother and myself. Another trial in my life. 

I plan to get back to my crafts. I've got this and I will keep moving forward. One thing to another and I'm still standing. Can't ask for me. 

I will try to post daily again, but that will depend on how I feel each day. Bare with me, I will be back!

May you all be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that all sounds overwhelming, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Edith

Anna said...

So glad your surgery went well and prayers for a speedy recovery so you can get back to what makes you happy.

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

I'm getting there. Thank you for your kind words. I'm to the point I want to get this over with. lol Still calm and taking it well. Haven't gotten depressed yet, but I know that day may come. When it does, I can handle it with my family behind me. Thank you!

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...