Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A Day Of Volunteering

This morning Cherry and I went walking. We were done in a good amount of time. I grabbed my stuff and went to the Veterans Memorial Museum.  I put in 2 hours of volunteering. They put me to work doing inventory so they can get everything accounted for with the register. I didn't get a lot done, but I did get to know where some of the stuff is that is up for sale. I found a shirt that I might buy later on.

After 2 hours there, I came home. Then I got busy with putting the binding on Susy's quilt. Of course I had help from Sophie again.


At least I was able to get it bound. Now I need to work on the last one. I believe that one is mine. So, I should have the blue to use for that one. It's also a panel so it won't be given out till Sept. I also made a few calls to get information on the veterans. I also had to call a couple people to see if they would come and get a quilt. So far no answer to both of them. If I don't hear by the end of the week, I'll go for 2 other veterans to get quilts.

We had bowling tonight. I did okay for 9 pin. We lost all 3 games. The first game none of us were on, I bowled a 170. Then we lost by about 13 pins on the second game. I bowled a 215. I was getting better, but it didn't seem to help. I bowled a 255 for the last game. I got a 640 series. I beat Patrick. We were in first place but after today, I don't think we are. We bowled one of the 2 teams behind us. Oh, well. We had fun. Poor Joann, it wasn't her night. She was "so close!"

I really enjoyed volunteering today - both at the museum and for QOV. It was also a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...