Saturday, May 4, 2019

Working On A Few Things

This morning I got to sleep in. The sun was up but I wasn't. It felt good to sleep just a little longer.

Once Patrick was up, he headed outside to work in the yard. I cleaned up the kitchen and then went to work on my Danish dough. It took awhile. I'll let it rest in the refrigerator over night. We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Then I decided to work on my cross stitching and watch a couple shows. Not ones I really wanted to watch, but it gave me something so watch.


Bad lighting tonight. Anyway, I did get the ribbon done on the bottom, with the exception of the right side. I'll do that corner tomorrow and then I'll get back to the outlining. I really like the way it looks when the dark gray outlining is done.

Then it was time to take mom out to Olive Garden for her Birthday supper. Her Birthday was yesterday and she turned 84. She's doing great at 84. Wish I could say the same at 59. We had a good meal. Funny how I did like what I ordered. It was really good. We ordered the new chocolate brownie cake and it wasn't very good. It was very disappointing really.

Came home and then Patrick was watching those shows he's seen 20 times. I decided I could just listen and I worked on my beading.


I think the bird is starting to show up. That part I circled - I think is the top of the head to the bird. I'm hoping to work on the rest of the bird soon. I do like the way it's coming along.

Today was a good day. Mom was in a good mood and we had a great time at supper. Not sure what we'll do for my Birthday. Mom wants to go to a funeral for David. I refuse to go to anyone's funeral on my Birthday. Birthdays are not days to go to funerals. Mom did that on her 45th Birthday and it turned out to be the worst Birthday for her. I don't know what happened at the funeral, but when she got home, it was awful. She wasn't happy about anything. We gave her gifts and she didn't seem to care. She's back to her normal self now.

I love being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...