Thursday, October 11, 2018

A Good Day With Friends


Today I was up and out the door again. It's another one of those quilt days.

I went to get mom and I a Chai Tea. Then I went to moms. She knew I was going to be there in a few minutes. That didn't help. Got there about 10:15 am and she wasn't even ready to go. I waited on her to get ready, and finally asked her if she was ready to go. We left about 11:15 am. I couldn't believe she wasn't ready even after I called there twice on my way.

When we finally made it to the quilt shop, it was a shock. There was only one other person there. She wasn't staying long, but she was there. Then Susy showed up. I was surprised at how many of us were there - 4. No one showed up. I don't know if they forgot or what. So, we enjoyed each other. I was getting ready to rip out the blue part of the QOV quilt, to get the size I needed.


The blue strip had to be ripped out. While I was getting ready to do that, mom wanted me to go back to her house and bring back the box that we worked on for QOV. She wanted Susy to have it, so I went back to her house and brought it back. I told her there wasn't any blocks done, but there was a ton of 5" squares that she could make something with. I told her it was up to her, if she didn't want to do it, she could give mom the box back. It's one of my good boxes, so I do want it back.

By the time I got back, I could get started on ripping out the border. Mom did two sides while I did the other two sides. I got it done, and brought it home to get the square corners cut. Once that was done, I stitched around the whole quilt again. It's now ready. I'll pick up the back and batting tomorrow, and Faye will take it up to Bill to be quilted on Tuesday. Then I'm due up there on Thursday, and if it's done, I can pick it up. She's going up there quiet a bit lately. So, between her and I we will have our quilt tops done up there.

I brought home my Black and White quilt for Katt. I'm going to work on them tonight. I am backing up my WFT program (genealogy). So, I'm watching that take forever!

I got a notice that the swatch will be mailed in about 7-8 days. If it looks good, we can order a couple yards of it.

I didn't get any stitching done, other than the QOV quilt.

Tomorrow night we are going to "Guys and Dolls" play at the Evergreen Playhouse in Centralia. It's a musical and should be good. I haven't been disappointed yet at the theater.

Today was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...