Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Our First Meeting Of Our New Group In QO

I was up and out the door. I had to get my blood drown and then get gas. I didn't want to go see mom, since I had to do that tomorrow. After gas, I treated myself to Chai Tea. Next stop was Staples to get a thumb drive for us to pass around with the information we are doing for QOV.

Once all that was done, it was time to go to the Veteran's Memorial Museum. I arrived early to chat with Chip. I showed him the logo Phil is working on for our labels. We talked about some changes and I told Phil all about the changes we were thinking. When 10:30 am arrived it looked like it was going to be just two of us with the help of Judy. We chatted about what we would do, and then decided to wait till 11 am to see if anyone was coming. Mom called and she was running late. About that time Susie and Sue from my applique group came. They came to see what QOV was all about. So, we told them what QOV was and that it was all volunteer work. We will receive a list of request and we need to try and give those quilts out. Right now we need to make quilts to get the 5 recipients that have been waiting a long time. To my surprise they decided to join. So, we now have 5 members. Hopefully we will get more next month. We are pushing to get at least one quilt done by November to present a quilt. We will show them how to present at the next meeting.

Mom and I went to the Deli for lunch and then I came home. I got the paperwork done for QOV and then I pulled out some of my cross stitch stuff to post on eBay. I added them to the list. I hate it that they are listed for 7 days, but I'm dealing with it. I really want this stuff out of the house, but at this rate, I may have it for awhile. I'm really hoping this stuff sells.

Then it was time to go bowling. Patrick was running late, so we had dinner at the bowling alley. We didn't have to bowl anyone. So, we beat the vacant team and that helped. I bowled a 182, 188, 167. Missed a couple of my 7 pins, that I NEVER miss. At least my average didn't go up or down. Patrick bowled a 694. He was really on. I was hoping he would get his 300 but he got a 9 in the 9th frame.



I worked on this last night after doing the blog. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing this. Every little bit helps. I did fix a couple places that I missed before. 

I'm going to spend time tomorrow and work on the quilt tops for QOV. I really want to get some done. Then I'll work on getting the tops up to Olympia to be quilted. 

Which keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...