Friday, October 5, 2018

Today Was A Quilting Day

This was another day of getting up and going. I was up long enough to get a couple things done, like kneading sourdough bread, and running out the door. 

I had to stop at Safeway to get mom some lettuce. She called last night and asked that I bring a ball of lettuce. Then I got on the freeway and was at her house just before anyone came. She wanted me to help with her plant before everyone came. I didn't have time to get my quilt and place it at the chair where I get more quilting done. As I was getting her plant re-potted. Anne and Judy came in. So, Anne took the chair I wanted to quilt in. I had to get help from Anne to get the plant done, because mom was off doing what mom does. 

We had a good group. It was small but good. Judy left early because she had plans for lunch. I was able to get a lot done on the quilt. It was just uncomfortable on the couch. It was a little hard to get my arm under the hoop. 


I reached the third corner on the quilt. It will leave me with 1/3 to go. That's cool. I'm happy to see I've gotten that far. Not sure if Katt will get this before Christmas, but I can just keep trying. 

After lunch, I headed out the door. Mom had some things she wanted me to do. First I had to go to the quilt shop and getting blue fabric for the quilt top I'm working on. Once I got that done, I ended up with going to Copy Depot to send the fax mom needed to get out. Next stop was the post office, and the last one was Safeway for milk.  Came home with supper and milk instead. By the time I got home, I didn't have time to work on the quilt top. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. I can hope......

I baked the sourdough bread I had raising while I was gone. 



They turned out great. I added caraway seed in them, and it tasted a little like rye bread. I really liked the flavors. Patrick liked it as well. So, we had that for supper, and Scott came and got one of the bread "balls." 

Sophie was all over the place from the time I got home to about half an hour after Patrick got home. One would think I had a horse in the family. 

The good news, is that I have actually made the 5,000 steps every day this month so far. I'm hoping to keep it going. I want to be in there for a prize, but chances are there are others who are doing better. I'm listed with the City of Chehalis, because Patrick works for them. 

I'm so happy to be back to  being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...