Thursday, October 4, 2018

Spent The Day Sewing - Yeah, I Know, Right?!

This morning started out early. I worked on playing games for about an hour, then went downstairs.

It felt weird having the whole day without having to go anywhere. Lately that's been rare, and I miss the days when I could stay home for days in a row.

Just as I was going downstairs, I got a text that my heater was delivered. Went outside and brought it in.


Of course Sophie had to inspect it.


I wish I had the video going! She was fun to watch. She jumped into the box and the box tipped over, so she shot out of the box. What fun!

I cleared off my counter, some. Then I started sewing the blocks mom and I worked on. Ended up taking that all out, because mom didn't square them up. My first job was squaring the blocks up. Then I worked on the sashing. Cut the strips I needed and cut the size I needed.


I wanted to see what the photo would show. I added the sashing and to blue squares. I had to take each row as I went. Then I messed up by sewing the third row to the second row and having a tail. I should have done each row with the triangle first. It was interesting how my brain worked today.


I realized I had to take out the second block in the right corner. I had one too many blocks. I decided to use the fabric that was in the pinwheel block. I accidentally sewed the right bottom on wrong. Then I had to take that out. Because I sewed the two blocks for that corner, I had to take all that out. But before I did, I cut the triangle to fit......well, that was a big mistake. Now I have to do another triangle. I have two triangles to do. I may have to put a border around the whole thing to get the size I need. I'm hoping to get this done by the weekend. I need to get this to Bill to be quilted. Then we'll have a quilt done for the presentation for next month.

Now, the big question - what was I doing?! I don't sew! I don't like watching the needle go up and down, up and down, on the sewing machine. Yet, I sewed......Guess I'm really into having quilts for veterans. I feel good doing this for veterans. So, why don't I like making quilts for myself or the family......guess that's why I applique. Really can't figure it out!

Guess that keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...