Saturday, October 20, 2018

Spent The Day In Class.....

Today was the day for the Serger class that I signed up for in March, and couldn't attend. Then they offered it again, and I signed up for it.

At first I wasn't ready to go, but I decided I wanted to learn my machine and needed to attendl.


I now have a pile of samples of what we did. It was fun and I learned a lot. The trouble was in the beginning when I had to change my one thread. I needed to have a contrasting color. So, as I was changing it, found that it had a few threads that were not threaded....ugh. So, once I got that going, we started to get to work. Then as we were learning tension, my needle on the left didn't want to work right. The tension was loose. We tried everything thing, including changing needles. No such luck. So, I ended up having to get down to one needle instead of two. The rest of the day went really well. Then another gal had the problem I did, and her was doing great in the beginning. Now I just need to take it in for service. Mom showed up around lunch time.

We finished early, which was nice. Then I came home and went downstairs to work on my QOV quilt top again.


I started cutting down my triangles to 3". Then I got working on my rows to do my blocks.


So, I started to do the squares and the triangles together.


My pile is big. This is the variation 9 patch. I finished 5 blocks. I have several rows ready to put into blocks. I had to make a few more triangles with red. I have a lot of the blue colors but not many reds. So, I worked on that before calling it quits. I'll sit here and tear the paper off the triangles before I go to bed tonight. That way I can iron them and cut them down to 3" squares and get back to working on the red blocks. I found that I like working on this. Don't understand why, because it does get boring if I let it.

So between class and spending 4 hours downstairs, I think that makes me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...