Monday, October 22, 2018

OH, Dang, It's Monday

I was up and out the door by 8 am this morning. Couldn't eat or drink anything....so, that makes for a bad start.....

I arrived at the hospital and went through the check in. That was interesting, because I don't remember going through all that for an ultra sound. It was time to check my thyroid and liver again. No clue, and really don't care today. They had a hard time finding both. But they did get some pictures for the doctor.

Then I went straight to moms. She hadn't been out to walk Daisy, so guess what I had to do. Daisy and I went for about a 30 min walk. I took my pills before we went walking and I was more than ready to eat something! I got some toast for my breakfast...but guess what?! It was lunch time. So, mom and I had a half sandwich. That made me happy. Then we went through her file cabinet and shredded a lot of stuff that they kept over the years. We did that for about 3 hours. We also waited on the IRS to find out about moms refund. They had a hold on it.....heck if I know why. So, the guy we talked to sent a message to the group who has it on hold, to send out a message or send the refund.  We can hope. All because dad passed away, they have been keeping her refund. Go figure, it's her money too! While we waited, mom kept the shredder going.

When I was ready to go home, but mom had other ideas. So, we went to one place and then went to the recycling center to drop off her glass. I said my good-bye there and headed home. Had to get a potato at Safeway, so picked that and a couple more things up. Next was gas. I stopped and couldn't believe gas prices are now $3.43 when it was $3.16 not that long ago.

By the time I got home, it was 3:15 pm. I sat with Sophie for awhile. I also started working on my QOV papers. I'm trying to get a presentation going. I have someone who will receive the quilt, now I just need to get them to come at the meeting. But first I need to get with Chip at the museum and make sure the day and time work for him.

Then Patrick got home. That meant cooking, cleaning and cooking again. I decided to get the sourdough going. I'm going to make sourdough bread again tomorrow. So, now it's ready to go.

I missed my Brazilian embroidery group because of my ultra sound. They didn't bother to ask me if it would work out for me, they just told me when it would be. Tomorrow I start back with massage therapy on my neck.

So, today was one of those days. The ones where I feel nervous, bored, calm, frustrated, sad, happy, and quiet. Just one of those days where I can't figure out what I'm feeling. Too much going on and I'm not enjoying being so busy. I want to get back to the quilt tops. Today wasn't the day for me to do that.

Life gets in the way. I've thought of dad a lot today, and I had a few tears. But Life is life. Plus dad always said we can't life forever. He also told me to relax and enjoy life. So, I'm trying to do that, but I get to nervous at times. Maybe it's because I want to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...