Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Busy Day!

This morning I was enjoying the time to sleep in. I got up and waited an hour for Patrick to get up. When he didn't, I went to take my shower so I could leave in time to get to moms.

I headed over to moms at 11 am. We needed to be in Olympia for Diane and Mike McCoy's 50th Wedding Anniversary get together. Mom and I got a few things done before leaving. We got about 10 miles from where we were going, when the fuel light went on. I can't figure out why mom leaves the gas tank low when she knows I'm driving! We arrived a little early. It was so good to see Diane and Mike. I remember walking her across the field in Germany at night. I also babysat for them. I had forgotten about babysitting back then. I made good money babysitting for a lot of the folks friends. Mom and I were alone for awhile, because we didn't know most of the people. Then we met another guy and his wife that worked for Dad in Japan. He kept saying dad was in Okinawa, but dad was never there. I kept telling him dad wasn't in Okinawa. Afterwards mom and I figured out who he got dad mixed up with. We stayed about 2 hours and then we headed back home. First we had to go to Costco to get gas. I had the GPS tell us the closest place to go. We got there just as it was at the middle red place on the fuel. I ended up putting the gas in the car. It amazes me how much mom doesn't like filling her tank. So, when she knows I'm going to be driving her car, we end up having to fill her tank.


Beautiful view there at the anniversary party. Loved the views!

I stopped at George's place to pick up the blocks she made for our QOV quilts. She does an awesome job. I love the work she does on her blocks. Sue has enough blocks to make 3 more quilts. I'm not going to give them to her. I'm thinking I may use these blocks for the panels I have. It's going to be challenging but I think I can do it.

Finally got home about 5 pm. Then took a quick nap. By 6 pm we were out the door and headed to Patrick's work. There was something he needed to fix, then we were off to the bowling alley. It was Monte Carlo night. I didn't get my name picked, but that's okay. I did win $7.50 tonight which was better than the $3 I won the last 2 weeks. I really didn't bowl very good tonight. I felt good, but I bowled pretty bad. Got a 494 series. I did win a scratch ticket, but it didn't win. lol

I wasn't able to do any crafts today, which was disappointing. I'm hoping to be back to beading or cross stitching tomorrow. It will be good to be back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...