Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!

I kinda blew it! I forgot about Father's Day - but I did tell Katt. I didn't get Patrick anything, and I think he was hoping to get something. I'll go tomorrow and see what I can find for him and give it to him late.

This morning I actually slept till 9 am - a rarity!! I'm usually up by 8 am. Katt called Patrick about 9:30 am and he was still sleeping. Funny how she does that to him.

We really didn't do much today. I was working on the family history. I added another 50 names to Patrick's tree. I did add another 5 names to mine as well. I had some papers that I needed to enter. Before I got started on the family history, I worked on bookkeeping. I was able to balance both the water and our checkbooks. I do like the bookkeeping part. It keeps me going. As for the family history, that is exciting and can keep me on the computer for hours - which is what was going on today. I haven't really been into the family history much since dad passed. I loved sharing our history with him. Now I have questions that I can't ask anymore.

Being father's day, I miss him! This is the second father's day that has gone and he hasn't been here. Yes, it's getting easier, but it's still hard knowing I can't call him to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Today is also my brother's Birthday. Had to text him and wish him a Happy Birthday. I wish I could give him a hug but he lives in OK.


When things settled down a little after working on my history, I decided I needed to get some cross stitching done. I worked on the back stitching. I got the scissors outlined. I have another pair of scissors to do some stitching before I do the outlining.

Tomorrow is Brazilian embroidery and I can't wait to see what Sandy brought back for me. She's going to be giving me back my embroidery. I probably didn't get many votes on my work. It would be nice if I came in the top 3 but really don't think I did. If I had, I think Sandy would have told me by know. I kinda wanted to be in the top 3. Oh, well.

We are sitting here watching House Hunters. They were doing Whidby Island - that place is expensive! Then I read that those shows are "fake." As much as I would love to believe they were doing everything "true" to the site, but NOPE. I found out they actually have their house before they start the house hunting. They have bought the house, then they go around and check out 2 other houses to tape. Once they do that, then they decide on the house that they already bought. Can you see me selling my house, getting a house, and then have House Hunters show more houses. With me, I would love another house and wish I had seen that house first. But then I also found out, some of the houses they look at are really not for sale. lol - Oh, well.

At least I was (for awhile) Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...