Saturday, June 1, 2019

A Slow Starting Saturday

This morning we didn't get moving till about 10:30 am. Partly because of Patrick sleeping in again.

Once things started moving, I worked on bookkeeping. I hadn't balanced the checkbook for a couple months, so I needed to get moving on that. It took me awhile because there were a few mistakes. As well as trying to read Patrick's sloppy handwriting. I finally got it done. Now when the May statement comes in, I'll be doing it again. At least it won't be 2 months worth.

Then I decided to make some bread. I got a really good bread out of it today. It looks awesome. I looked at YouTube to see how they made a few techniques on shaping. They had some really cute rolls that had purple stuff in them. I decided to try that with Nutella. It actually turned out pretty good. I made only 4 because I wanted a bread out of it. Patrick ate 3 of them out of the 4. The bread looks like a good french bread. It's fluffy. I'm impressed. I'm going to make some thick French Toast tomorrow morning. Patrick wants to go biking tomorrow, so we'll do that first and then off we go.

I pulled out my cross stitching. I need to get moving on this. Plus on Instagram there is the "hour stitching" for each day. I'm in on it again this year. I've done it for 3 years now. I'm posting something I worked on each day. I also need to work on my "May" finishes. I'll do that tonight.


I got more outlining done. I will be doing more stitching after the outlining is done below the sign. When I get to the sign, then I'll be back to stitching. I have a lot done on this and I'm very happy with the way it's coming out.

I didn't get the chance to go downstairs and put the border on the quilt top. I'll do that this week. Bill is having surgery done this week, so I won't be dropping the top off this week. At least I don't think I will be.

I'm thinking of getting back to my beading as well. Oh, well. At least I started the month Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...