Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Little Behind On Blogging

Yesterday morning started out early. I was getting ready to pick up Sophie when I got a texted from Phil. He wanted to know if I could go shopping for him. Told him I could, and would be leaving in 30 mins. That actually worked out great. I was shopping at Safeway for him, then dropped them off. That put me around 10 am and I wasn't able to pick Sophie up any earlier than 10 am.

I headed over to the vets to get her. I arrived around 10:30 am. She was there and ready to go. She really didn't make a peep till we got to the car. I had to put her in the back of the van because parking was so tight. Hate parking when you have to squeeze (really squeeze) out of the car! AND I'm not that BIG!! If it was dad, he wouldn't have been able to get out of the car! So, I pulled out and went to an area where I could take her out of the back and put her in the front seat. I put her in seat belts around the crate. She fussed a little but not a lot. She seems to like the crate. I had to stop at Starbucks to get Chia Tea because I was wanting one. We went through the drive thru and I don't think they even noticed her, she didn't peep.

Faye had asked me a couple days ago to cut batting and backing. So, I went downstairs and Sophie followed. I picked up a little. I really do need to get in the cutting mood and cut some 2 1/2" strips. That way I can get another quilt or 2 done. I did put up another panel and was trying to figure out what to do. I came up with this idea.


I haven't decided if I'm going to use white in that strip or if I'm going to have the stars and fireworks fabric there. I'm still thinking about it. The red is a 6" piece and I needed it to be 6 1/2" but I can add a 1/2" to the white area and it will do fine. The star fabric on the left is from another panel, so it's not what I'm talking about. The fabric I'm talking about is similar but not the same. The dark blue star fabric on the bottom of the panel is also not part of my idea. That is from the other panel that is behind it. I'm still thinking about what I'll do for the one under. I do have Georgie's blocks that will work great there too. The stars are Georgie's blocks. She's really been doing a lot of blocks for us. I keep giving her fabric so she doesn't have to go buy some.

I then decided to do some beading.


I finished row 45 and the eye of the bird is now showing. I love this. There are 446 rows without the border. I may try to get more in today.

Faye's coming over today, so I'm going to chat with her to see what she thinks of the panel. I'm not quiet there yet, to make another one. She's got 2 tops done, so we are still ahead of the game. If we can stay there. I called Rita to order more batting. I may have her get a backing as well. At this rate, I'm going to have to try and get more money as we are running out. I really don't want to pay for everything out of my own pocket. We can hope something will turn up soon.

We had bowling last night. 9-pin no tap. I bowled a 254 the first game. Then I bowled a 176 and a 208. Not my best. The second game I was struggling. I finally moved the 3rd game. Don't know when I will learn to move a lot sooner than I do!! It was fun. JoAnn didn't bowl because she hurt her back. We played "Hay Day" and I was getting her some parts to help her out. I wanted to get her to level up. We did get her 1 level up but she needs to do more. It was fun and I was having fun between bowling and Hay Day.

At least it was busy and I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...