Friday, May 24, 2024

Hello Friday - And Quilting At Mom's

This morning, I was up at 6:30 am because of all the sun coming through the windows. I couldn't go back to sleep even if I tried. 

So, I played on my game and then got ready to go to moms. I stopped at Safeway to pick up a couple things. Once that was done, I arrived at moms with a few people behind me. There were 7 of us today. 

I pulled out the pattern that I needed for the first block. 


Sorry, but this is a copy right issue, so I'm not show the whole pattern. I then worked on putting the stem on. I actually stitched the stems on, on the back. Then I needle turned on the front to get what is called "skinny stems." My stitches are not as small as they used to be, but then I haven't been doing applique for a long time. I will work on it, with this BOM set. 

When it was time to leave, mom followed me to the car. We must have talked for over a half hour outside by the car. Usually, she doesn't do that. It was good to chat. I told her about Patrick, and she was concerned. Rightfully so. He doesn't mind anymore if I tell her. 

I had to stop and get gas. There was a young woman there that had a gas can asking for free gas. I smiled at her, and she came asking if I would be so kind as to give her a gal of gas. I told her sure. I actually gave her 3-5 gals I think. I wasn't worried about it. She told me it was between feeding here dogs or getting gas. On the way home, I was thinking she shouldn't be out driving around then, but who am I to say. She may just be trying to get home to her parents. She was sweet enough, and I figure that's my kindness for now. Usually I refuse and walk away, but this just felt like I needed to do it. 

Came home and worked on the beading. Didn't get much done. 


Only 1 row. But, hey, it's one less row I have to do later. 

Connie came over to pick up some backing. Then we talked about the quilt that needs to be there on the June presentation. We need more panel quilts, since we are giving out a panel quilt to her friend. We are going to work hard to get at least 2 panel quilts finished to be able to do the 5 veterans on the 13th. 


Which put me to doing the labels on the quilts. I have 9 quilts that need labels. Thankfully these 2 had the labels sewn in the binding that mom was doing. I just had to sign them. 


Both of these are Connie's. I really need to get to work on my panel quilt downstairs. It's time for me to get back to sewing some tops. Specially since Colleen is in the hospital and can't work on the 4 quilts she has. 

Surprisingly I was both Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...