Friday, May 31, 2024

Day Three - Trip To Olympia

Today I was up and out the door with Debbie. We honored 2 Veterans today at the Woodland Village. They were ones that needed us to go to them. We don't do that often. 

This quilt was one that Georgie and Collen put together. It turned out great. 

This is Clarence Piper. He's a WWII Veteran and didn't want to have the newspaper involved. We were thrilled to have a quilt for him!

Then we went upstairs and gave John Sears a quilt. He wasn't in the best of health but we were able to get the quilt to him when he finally agreed for us to do it. I don't have photos because Sharon at the village took them, and she was going to send them to me. I didn't get the form I needed from them, but was given permission. 

When I got back home, Debbie picked up some fabric to work on the ship panels. We bought fabric for them. 

We then headed back to Olympia for Patrick's blood tests. When he was done, we decided to walk around the building to get my walking in. We didn't get a notice that the tests were done, so we headed home. Stopping at Phil's, Safeway, and Love's for gas. Then we headed home. All's good. 

By the time we got home it was 4:30 pm. So, we fixed dinner and then sat and watched some TV. Nothing really on, so calling it a night early. We tend to go to bed around 8-9 pm anymore. Just nothing worth watching on TV and Patrick needs the sleep. I play games till about midnight and then go to bed. I had hoped I would get something done today, but it wasn't a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...