Monday, May 6, 2024

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I wasn't feeling great when I left. But I wanted to be with friends. 


I am happy to say, I finished the project! I have more unfinished projects out there, but this was so much fun to work on. I like it!! The center is beads and I wanted to make it look full but not overly so. 

I brought it home to see if Patrick could put it on the trinket box that I bought. It was expensive to buy but it works great with this piece. 


One of the questions for this is, do I want to keep it or give it away as a gift?


There was a plastic circle that goes over the work ones does, but in this case, it wouldn't work to have it. It's just free floating. It turned out great on the "box." I'm really pleased. 

While I was trying to stay calm, because there is so much pain today, I played games. Then Connie and Joanne asked to come to the "store" for QOV stuff. They went shopping and bought some stuff for QOV. I told them I would get the reimbursement out for them. But as the night went on, I didn't do it, so will have that to do tomorrow. They took a lot of fabric, and I'm thrilled they did. More quilts will get done with those 2. 

I couldn't do much the rest of the day, it was just one of those days where the pain was more than I care to bare. I now understand about dad, when he got depressed. He couldn't' take pain, and I tend to take it, but man this pain is one I almost want to cry over. I'm only 8 weeks into the 16 weeks. So, I'm half way there, I just wish the pain would stop and I'd do a lot better! Oh, well, that's life! 

At least I was able to find time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my 65th birthday, and I didn't feel a thing! lol  I was up early today. Not for any reason, just up early. Then I went walking ...