Saturday, May 25, 2024

QOV Panic - At Least Started To

We slept in today. I felt a lot better. Then when I did get moving, I heard from Debbie. She wanted to talk about who we had scheduled for our June presentation. 

We realized that we are very low on panel quilts. So, we decided to go to the museum to see what was there and what we needed, since we have 2 weeks. The trouble is that panel quilts are generally done by Debbie and me. Since both of us were on a "break," we haven't been making them. Panic went in when we realized we wanted 2 panel quilts for the 2 veterans at Woodland Village who wouldn't come to the museum for a presentation. So, we have to go to them. One is 100 years old. We decided to meet at the museum to check it out. 

Before I was to meet Debbie I wanted to get more labels done on a couple quilts to get them out of here. I was able to do 2 more, so that 4 quilts could get to the museum. 

This one was donated and we quilted it. It's on the short side, so we now have quilts that we can give out at the same time, that are shorter than they should be. 

Connie dropped this off yesterday and she thought it was more for a female. But at this rate it may go to one of the guys we have scheduled. I wanted to keep the panel quilts for July. So, another wrench was thrown in my plans. 

Instead, Debbie came and got me. Then we went to get our drinks at Dutch Brothers. On to the museum to find that we need at least 3 more panel quilts. 

Our panel quilts are on the left, then regular quilts and smaller quilts. 

We also have branch specific quilts. So, those are these. The one on the bottom is for an officer of the Navy. Still working on that one. 

Now we are in need of quilts and badly. Colleen is still in the hospital, and I asked her if her son could get the one panel quilt from her and take it to Connie. He will do that the next time he goes to take care of her dog. I let Connie know. 

At that point I needed to go downstairs and get my panel quilt done. 


I still have more to do, but this is a start. I have to take out the last strip on the left, because it is wavy and won't work. I need to take it out and recut it to the size I needed. I thought I did that, but because it's waving, I must not of. Ripping out is not my idea of fun, but it needs to be done. Then there will be a yellow border around it. Once that's done, I will pull out another panel and get working on it. 

We went to the play today. It was okay. The Adams Family was the play, but I was disappointed they put women in the place of the boy and Fester. I don't know why, but it didn't work. 

I'm just trying to relax and not panic with our quilts. I need to get busy. At least I can say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...