Monday, May 27, 2024

Monday - Yet Again!

Today I was up and ready to leave early....or I thought I was. By the time I was trying to figure out my magnifying light, it was past time I wanted to leave. I thought I had a battery to my magnifier and found out it's USB ported. DAH! So, I screwed it back up and then was ready to go. I charged the light before I left - like 5 minutes. Then I charged it in the car as well. 

Had to stop at moms, and she wasn't up yet. She popped her head out when she saw me talking to the neighbor who was watering here flowers and planted a couple of them for her. I thanked her doing that for mom. She loves doing it. Mom came out without her hearing aids and tried to chat. I told her to go on in and I would talk to her later. The neighbor asked about my health, and I told her. She said I looked really good for someone who went through all that. I thanked her for her kind words. 

Then I headed to Connie's to drop off the quilt top I finished yesterday. We chatted a while and then I ended up being a few minutes late to our meeting. Both Sandy's were there, and it was fun. I took my cross stitch to work on. I'm a little tired of BE right now. I have so much I need to do, and then I find I want to do other things instead. Guess I'm feeling better, because I'm all over the place on what I want to work on. I know I need to finish at least 2 applique quilts, if not 3. I also know I need to finish the bonsi tree in BE, my Santa in cross stitching, my box in beading, my Sophie's fireplace in beading, AND I have yet to start this year's Christmas ornaments!! I can go on, but I think I just need to take a deep breath and try and finish something! I should do like they do on Instragram, rotate projects so that eventually they get done - BUT WAIT - we are talking about me! - I would think of something else I wanted to do! Then I would have to add that to the list of rotations. If I did that, I would probably only work on one thing for a week - once a year, not once a month! 

My older brother called and was wondering what I was doing. So, I took a photo of this. I had worked on about 100 stitches when he called. 

By the time I was done at BE, I had gotten a lot more done from when I got there. 

I was asking Sandy Velin about her boots she was working on. She designed the pattern for a class and then she decided to do 4 of them for her gal cousins. They are exchanging gifts when the get together. So, she decided to do some of her BE work to give them. 


This was the first one she did. It was part of the class. She didn't know why she went "fancy" for boots, but she did. She decided to make the others more like real boots. 


This is her and her boot. I love the way she is doing the boots! She's now going into business with designing and selling her patterns. This was really cute! She had one more I didn't take a photo of but it had fancy work on the top of the boot. It was swirly and really cute. Can't wait to see what she does with the rest of them. 

Sandy was working on the goldwork piece. She cut the gold pieces for the flower. She's getting close to having it done. 

Came home and Patrick was busy today. Supper was on the stove already - stew! It smelled and tasted good. I pretty much took the afternoon off. I couldn't have worked more on the cross stitch but didn't. I was just glad I felt like being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...