Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Productive Day....At Last!

This morning I enjoyed the fact that I wasn't going anywhere. So, I relaxed for a little bit before going downstairs to work on my QOV quilt top.

I cleaned up some of the mess. I wanted to get the QOV fabrics all together, and not all over the place.


The bucket or "container" couldn't hold all the fabrics. So, I guess when moms here tomorrow we will cut some of the fabrics into quilt top kits. That way I can sew them as I can. I'm surprised at myself for even doing what I've done when it comes to sewing.


I got all the 9-patch variation pieces in this box. These are the left overs, and trust me, there are more. I'm still sewing them, hoping to get rid of all the 3" squares I have. I may give it a rest. I think I have enough right now of 1/3 of another top. If I keep going, I may end up with another top. All this because of Donna and her scraps. Which is okay, because I'm getting quilt tops done.


This is what the quilt top will look like before the borders. You can get an idea of how I'm pieces the pieces together. I went row by row and sewed 2 blocks at a time together. That gave me 3 "sets" of 2 in each row. Once all those were done, I then took the top set of 2 and sewed them to the set of 2 below them. That gave me a 4 patch block. Once all those are done, then I will sew them (going down) together Then I can sew the 3 strips (once I sew the 4 patches) together. I found that would be easier than sewing each row together. It gets too bulky and hard to work with. This way it's like a 9 patch but bigger. Plus there is another row under that, but hopefully you get the idea. I try to find the easiest way to sew that let me feel like I actually want to sew. Not that I do, but at times it does.


I didn't get to work on this quilt top. Mom and I cut out all the pieces yesterday - only of red and white, but we didn't get the blue. So, I didn't work on cutting the blue pieces out. We will do that tomorrow when she comes over.

Lat night I was able to get a few more stitches in on my Modern Folk Embroidery SAL piece. I fixed the mistakes that I had in it, and I'm happy to say it's back on track. I'm not, but it is. I took a photo but can't seem to find it right now. I'll post one tomorrow. Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow, but at this rate I'll be working on the quilt tops instead.

Things are looking up, and I'm Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...