Saturday, June 8, 2019

Enjoying The Day.....Driving Trip

This morning we headed out to Costco in Olympia. Patrick wanted to take the "long way" to get there. I was game, because there are some really pretty areas to drive around and see. Funny part was, he was going in one direction and we ended up back in Rochester WA. So, we had to turn around and head back up to Olympia. We came in the "back way."

While we were there we picked up stuff for mom as well. I was looking for sheets for my son, but they didn't have the "full" or "double" size. I think now it's hard to find that size since everyone seems to go to King size beds now. On the way home, we took the freeway. Stopped and dropped moms stuff off. Then headed back home.

We got all our stuff unloaded and I went to check out the frame that Patrick got yesterday. I wanted to get my rose framed so Jeannette can take it to Seminar tomorrow. I worked the stitches in the back, and he cleaned up the frame and framed it for me. It looks awesome. Now I have to take it to Jeannette tomorrow. Was going to have breakfast with her, but she wasn't feeling well and didn't get on the fairy to head this way. She's from Canada, so she's going to get the fairy tomorrow morning and be hear around 1 pm.

I had a little bit of time, so I worked another row and a half on the beading.


I'm on row 35 again. It's going pretty good. I will work on it again tomorrow or another day. I was listening to my tape from the library. Sophie was in the bedroom because she didn't like hearing the mans voice. I'm going to work at getting her comfortable with the voices. I like being about to "read" a book through the audio. That way I can get some "reading" done.

We then went to Monte Carlo bowling tonight. I bowled pretty good till the last game. Had a lot of strikes in the second game but wasn't getting the money shots. Patrick won $10 and I only got $3.50. I was able to bowl for the big money shot, but I didn't get it. I was off on the lane I had to bowl on. I hope I get the change again. It was fun and I hope we keep going. I may get rid of travel league so we can bowl on Saturdays instead.

Came home and Sophie is letting us know it's bed time. (laughing)

Oh, we got a joke tonight by one of the guys we were bowling with. He said, "They tried to make another Yogy Bear (do you remember him?). Do you know why they couldn't do that?" (we shook our heads no), he said, "Because they made a BooBoo." I laughed on that one! That was a good joke. He told another one or 2 but can't remember them.

I was able to get an hour of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...