Saturday, June 6, 2020

Arrived In Escanaba

This morning we were up bright and early. I didn't get much sleep. Tbe pillows they had at Best Western were not very comfortable. I woke with my neck hurting a couple times in the night. Patrick was up before me and the alarm.  We had just gone down to get our "grab and go" breakfast when Sue let us know she was there. We packed up and joined her in the drive. Then it was off to Escanaba with a stop in Marinette WI for MickyLu's hamburgers.  I got a burger and a bratwurst (they are small burgers). It's a family tradition evwn Patrick likes.

Then it was back on the road to Escanaba. We got in around 1:30 pm MI time. Called mom and Sophie was doing good. She spent time with her yesterday and she hadn't seen her this morning yet. We sat and chatted with dad. He told us some stories and Patrick asked a few questions about growing up and about him and mom. I enjoyed hearing the stories.  Sue cut dad and Patrick's hair. They both looked bad! Patrick looks so much better. I did like the curls behind the ears but the rest didn't do him any good. 😊 The floor was full of grey hair by the time she was done.

We took dad out to eat. Came back and played games. Calling it an early night. Tomorrow we head to the cabin. There isn't ant WiFi there but still hoping my phone will work for calls and maybe let me play a game or 2. Probably not. It would be nice if I can do my blogging though.

Sue went to Dennis and Chris' (Patrick's brothers) tonight. Think they are working on Patrick's retirement party. Not sure, they aren't telling me much. Which leaves me back to not being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...