Monday, June 15, 2020

The Day Got Away From Me

Remember me? I'm the one that plans days and then they don't happen. Well, today was another one of those days.

I had a request from one of the quilters to cut batting and backing for her. I figured I'd do that in the morning......nope.

The morning started out with a call from Sharon. She was asking about the bead order we did. She forgot to order the beads I asked her to order for me. She has all my beads I ordered. We were trying to figure out how I can get them. Patrick and I are staying home for at least a week, just in care. Don't want to share the Virus if we ended up getting it. Bill was telling me about the price of background fabric. He even wanted to donate 2 bolts and I told him no, he does enough for us. So, we chatted awhile. Talking about our beading. I still need to do my hanger for the birds. She was wondering when I would be coming up to learn how to do that.

Then I got my breakfast. Once breakfast was over, I got laundry going. I did a few things around the house and then realized it was 1 pm. So, I went downstairs and cut the fabric and batting. She asked for some more panels and yellow fabric. I got fabric ready for Georgie too. By the time I was done, I came up thinking about what I wanted to do next. I was checking my email and got into genealogy. As I was looking (starting to look), I got a phone call from Rose. We haven't seen each other in almost 2 years. Anyway, she wanted to know if I wanted to learn how to do soap making with her. I told her "No, already did that." She tried to talk me into it, till she looked up the cost. At $60, the answer was a definite NO. She talked for a good hour, then mom called and I told her I had to get off the phone to answer mom. Mom talked for 2 mins and then I was done.

By the time all that was done, it was time to cook dinner. UGH

Once dinner was over, I played games! Then I went back on the computer and picked up on the family history that I was working on. I was able to get some work done on Find A Grave and requested a few people for  me to handle. Then I saw the "Genealogical Society of the Mayflower" group. I went to the website to see how much it would cost to be a member. That's not listed. Then I emailed asking. I was told I need to get a hold of a historic member in the state to see if I qualify. I know I qualify, but don't like having to go through so many hoops. So, I went to the page that I could list the descendants of Mary Chilton (my ancestor). I filled it all out, then got to the bottom where it said, "enter and pay." I hit pay and the it said $75 to be able to have the research done on my line. I decided not to go through with it. I'm not paying $75 for them to verify what I already know!

Now to tell you more about my trip -


The main reason for going was for my husband's father's 80th Birthday. This is him opening up his gift of 4 tires to be put on his golf cart. He loved them, and they were really classy tires. They are going to have them put on the cart, plus they got the year check up to go with it.



I was entertained by this square! He had the red coloring on him. He was right there next to the dinning room table window. It was so much fun watching him running around every day.


He even got into the bird feed that was on the other side of the dinning area. That's the lake with my brother in law's boat in the background. They got out in that a few times. I didn't get to ride in it because the weather wasn't good enough or I was gone when they went out in it.

Okay, today was not my best day. I will get back to my crafts tomorrow. I need to do some more beading, and I think I will work on the hangers for the birds.

So, the day got away from me, yet again! All in all, it was a bad day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...