Friday, June 26, 2020

Just Enjoying The Day

This morning I was up and played for about an hour. Patrick left to go see his friends from work. They meet for coffee now that they are all retired. He said there were 4 of them today. When they first started out it was either 2 or 3 of them. Guess one more retired as well. The City of Chehalis is in trouble with all these guys retiring. Plus with the Corona-virus going on, they don't have the money to hire right now.

While he was gone, I enjoyed listening to my book and working on my beading. I got 1 and a half panels done today.


First I finished the other half of the moon panel. It's the one that will be next to Santa when it goes into an ornament.


Then the next panel was the "second" one. As you can see, 2 & 4 are the same. I next have to do the middle one - one more time. It's going fast. I love working on this. I'm not sure if I have all that I need to put this into an ornament, but I'm thinking I might. It will be fun to find out.

Then I decided to take a break from beading (even though I'm thinking of starting the snowman). I sat down to watch TV with Patrick. While I was watching the news, I got moving on my cross stitching.


I finished the date, the second gal, and got to work on the house. I'm starting to get the itch to finish this one. It's not my "norm" but it is a fun piece to work on. I am a little disappointed there isn't any outlining for this piece, but some pieces don't have outlines.

Patrick made some strawberry freezer jam today. It was fun working on my beading while he did the jam. We were chatting while we were working on our own thing. It was nice.

Oh, I forgot to show our visitor yesterday.


Patrick slept on the deck and our visitor slept in the back yard. He came in, and I went out a couple times because I decided to put the air fryer out there for supper to keep the heat out of the house. She didn't budge. It was so much fun watching her as she watched us. She was there a good 4 hours. Didn't both either one of us.

Today was another good day. Tomorrow I will be working out at the museum to help Sam out. She called asking me to sit with her at the museum. I'll take some quilts over and some embroidery to work on. It should be fun!

A good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...