Saturday, June 20, 2020

While They Worked, I Played

This morning I slept on the couch, then went back to bed. I was snoring up a storm!

When I got up, both Patrick and Katt were already outside working on her Jeep. They were putting on the bumper and winch.


It took about 6 hours for them to get the bumper on and other parts they added. It looks better with this stuff on it.


This is Patrick and Katt. They are really proud at what they did. 


They did a good job. Added the heavy jack too. I stayed away while they were working on this. When it comes to cars, they don't want me around. Figure I don't know squat!


I love her added touches to the Jeep. 


This is perfect for Katt! I love what she's got on her Jeep. 

While they were doing all that, I was playing! I was working on my beading. 


I finished the one piece then started the first part. This one is the Santa and the sleigh. Trouble was, I had the second part done, and realized it looked bad on the bottom, so I took out 11 rows and re put them in. I could of had half of the Santa done if I didn't do that. I found a couple things wrong on my word chart. So, I fixed it as I went. It's coming along pretty good and I'm really happy with this. 

I helped Katt with making donuts for tomorrow. We got it going and while we waited, I worked on my cross stitching. 


I'm getting more done. I can add the next house. I also need to add the next lady as well. I was wondering about that. Why does this have 2 ladies? It should have a lady and man. Both sexes were hung or decapitated during the witch trials. I'll try to get more done tomorrow - if I can. 

This morning we all smelled wood burning and thought it was the neighbor in the back yard. We found out it was a house fire down the road. 


This was taken out my bedroom window. I have an idea of which house it was. I'm hoping it's not my neighbors daughter's house. I ll have to check tomorrow to see if she's got her car over there. Our neighbor in the house was the one that called 911. No one had called it when he did. He said the flames were shooting high in the air. This may be the house where there was a hoarder in it. I say that because it took the fire department as long as it did with Katt and Patrick working on the Jeep. 


Took this about 8 pm, and you can't tell there was a fire there today. That open field is where we will be seeing a duplex being built. Not looking forward to that day. We've been here over 20 years and now that lot is going to have a duplex UGH!!

Today was an interesting and fun day. I'm glad to see that it was a day that I could be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...