Monday, June 1, 2020

Went To Visit Mom With Sophie

This morning I was up and out the door by 9:30 am. I took Sophie with me to visit mom. I wanted her to get used to going back there with me. She's going to be spending the week with mom while we are gone to MI.

Mom and I worked on a puzzle and then we went to watch TV. I worked on mom's quilt top that I told her I would help with.


I was able to get some of this done. I'm adding the stems first before I start on the leaves. I need to cut out more stems and leaves. I'll do that when I get back from MI.

We stayed till 2:30 pm. Then headed back home.

Got home and got to it with my exercises that I didn't get done this morning.

Once all that was done, we watched the "Worst Cooks of America - Celebrity" show. I then got to work with doing my cross stitching.


I finished up the gal by the house. Then I got the heart above her done. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but I'm okay with that. Almost wasn't in the mood.

I've been watching the TV on the riots in Seattle, Bellevue, and Olympia. It's good that the riot in Seattle today was good and didn't have any damage - at least from what I can see so far. Looters are the trouble. I love seeing the police shaking hands, hugging and talking to those who are protesting. It's awesome to see that. I just wish more was going on. We need to talk about it, not destroy property. There is so much that needs to change. I look at everyone the way I want others to look at me. If I have a hard time with someone, then I rethink what I'm thinking and put myself in their shoes. I do have an issue with mentally ill though. Crap, now we have riots going on in Seattle. Just what we need. More people with backpacks. Not good.

Okay, I'm going to call it good. I was enjoying my day with mom. It's been 5 months since we have been able to do that. At least I can say I'm able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...