Sunday, May 31, 2020

Staying Home....Is It Enough?

This morning I was up early and went back to bed. Wasn't ready to get up. Tomorrow I will get up early because I'm going to spend the day with mom.

I got laundry going. My washer is dying on me. The white clothes I washed, took forever - was stuck on spin for awhile. Paused it and restarted it. When I put them in the dryer they were soaked. It took me 3 hours to get those dry!! I did sheets next, and they were okay, didn't take so long to dry.

I then went to beading. It's now at 70/170. So, I'm down to my last 100 stitches. I can tell what I'm doing, but it's not as "tight" as I would like - design wise. It's like a sketch. So, when you look at it from a distant, you can tell what it is. Up close, it just looks sketchy. Who knows, I may take it all out and redo it with a bigger design area. I will decide later one.

Then it was time to cross stitch.


I was able to work on this for awhile. I like the way it's coming. I need to get more done, but I'm getting there. Now I can say I'm half way....that's a good thing.

Today was no computers or phones. I did use the computer today to print out Patrick's family genealogy. I have it in a note book. I'm wanting to add more to what I printed off my Family Tree Maker program. I did both the ancestry chart and the pedigree chart. I had 60 pages on one and a good 50 pages for the other.

We stayed home today. We couldn't watch much TV because they had the rallies in Seattle on TV all day. Police have been keeping it from getting out of control - so far. Bellevue Police had riots and more burning there too.

I watched that, and wondered to myself, is it safe? I agree with the rally about the death of George, but I don't agree with destroying property. I don't agree that ALL police officers are that bad. It's called "one bad apple." Is it going to be safe, when I have to travel to MI? I know it's just airport to airport, but how many of them were in the rally and how many of them picked up the virus?? Where do we go from here? God only knows. I pray things will get better, but I think it's going to be a couple weeks before that happens. I also believe we are going to go into the second wave of the virus and pray I'm not going to be one who gets it.

So, in the meantime, I'm going to stay home. I'm going to keep trying to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...