Saturday, May 23, 2020

Ok, Ir'a Saturday, Yet Again

I was up and ready to go.....think I've been saying that since we started this "stay at home" thing. I believe I need to figure out another opening.

We enjoyed the morning. Sitting and watching the news and then chatting about some of the stuff going on. Before I knew it, Patrick was ready to finish up his ceiling painting. It's now done! Both sides look great and you can't tell at one time there was a leak. It's nice and white. I'm thrilled he finally fixed that, because those marks have been there for a VERY long time, if not 10 years or more. Can't tell now. I then vacuumed where he was working and then did the rest of the house. Then I had this bright idea to get ready to figure out what I wanted to take with me on our trip.


Of course I have 3 boxes - one for embroidery, quilting, and "stuff." The stuff is odds and ends that I "need" to work on all my projects. So, as you can see, I made a mess. I throw out a lot of stuff in the box, and then repacked it. I also put a few things in the buckets they belonged in. I pulled out the bird and a piece that the group is working on. I will take them both with. 

Then I pulled out the applique that I need to finish. I found 3 different ones that needed to be worked on. 


Decided this one needs to get finished. It's the last one, and then I can put it together. The milti-color in the middle, was the one piece I was missing. So, I had to cut another piece out and put it with this. Next I need to get the thread that goes with it. 

I did cross stitch for awhile. I wanted to get more done. 


I enjoyed watching TV and getting more stitches in. 

Once all that was done, I went and worked on a row of beading. I got my earphones in today and I listened to my book on it. It's awesome. I just need to figure out how to use the "touch" part of it. I had it a couple times but then I didn't. It's a work in progress when it comes to me! I'll figure it out. 

After beading, I decided I wanted to spend time cross stitching again. I really am enjoying this piece, even though it's out of my comfort zone. 


I was able to get a lot done! I was thrilled. I did move it closer to the bar. I still have more to add to the tree, but will do that as I go. I'm really happy with this piece. 

Now, I'm going to call it a night and go play games! Plus listen to the book. I won't be able to play games tomorrow because it's our "no electronic" day. I can listen to my book, but I can't play games. It's a day where Patrick and I do stuff other then spend time on the electronics. Funny thing is I always come up with ideas that are on the computer! Oh, well......At least it's a day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...