Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Day Of Beading - May Have Another Finish Soon

Today I was up early. The sun was driving me nuts. lol 

I got working on laundry and then beading. 


I got to 156/206. A lot farther than I figured I could get at. It's coming along great. I can't wait to get started on the gift project. I'm a little concerned though, because it's all "dull" colors. I also did a pattern of Sophie, and that one has better colors. I'm actually having fun making patterns. Don't know if I will ever make them all but it will be fun making the patterns. I still want to do the Snowman piece. 

While I was doing the laundry, I took the towel outside. While I was out there, 


I found these flowers blooming! It's so pretty! I was thrilled to find these. 

It was weird today, though. I was thinking about all of us who do crafts. If I were to go to a fair or craft show, what I make would only go for about 25 cents to MAYBE $200. Yet, a football player, basket ball player, or sports figure would make over a million dollars. If we put in the time (like my beads taking about 1 hour per row), and the cost of what I paid to make it, then it SHOULD be several hundred dollars. Yet, very few people would pay that price. So, tell me, what is wrong with this picture. I spend more time working on my craft, while sport figures take less time than I do to play a game. Where have we come in life, if a game is worth more than someones creativity?! To think, I should have played basketball or something! 

Anyway, just a thought. Life is good, I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...