Sunday, May 3, 2020

Happy 85th Birthday Mom!

This morning I was up and got the cinnamon buns in the oven. They turned out awesome! I don't know what I did right, but they turned out really good. Then I baked mom's while we were having ours. Each of us got 5 cinnamon buns (mom on batch, Patrick and I the other batch). After all that was done, we headed over to moms with her gift, cake and buns.


A photo of her that's on my wall. This was about 15 years ago, I think. She's still pretty close to that but has a few wrinkles. Mom really hasn't changed over the last 25 years. Hard to believe she's 85 years old. Dad would have been 87. Like my brother said, "Unreal."

We arrived at moms around 10:30 am. We decided to stay awhile, plus I needed to make her frosting for the cinnamon buns. She like the cream cheese frosting (Patrick doesn't) so I checked to make sure she had the cream cheese. When we got there, I made her frosting and frosted the buns. Patrick told her to go ahead and eat one since they were still warm. She loved them. We also gave her 1/3 of the cake. She was thrilled about that too.


Cinnamon buns in the back. The cake on the left is what she got. We also gave her the tea pot embroidery that I did. She wanted to hang it up right away, but Patrick couldn't find the hooks that were in the garage. Guess my brother took all those. So, we told her the next time Patrick comes over he will do that for her. We will probably see her on Mother's Day as well. We would have taken her out to dinner, but as we all know, restaurants are closed. It will be awhile before we all can go out to eat again. We visited for about a half hour and then came home.

Got home and went to work on my beading. Katt called while I was beading and we chatted for awhile. Patrick and her chatted longer. It was so good to hear her voice and know she's doing okay.


The Polar Bear is now half way. 99 more rows to go. 108/207 rows completed. I wondered if the neck/chest area was easy to see or not. Close up it blends in, but the photo shows it pretty good. It's going to be fun to finish this one. Can't wait.

After awhile, (laundry, cooking, beading), I decided to sit and watch TV. So, I was able to pull out the cross stitch - which I haven't had the chance to do for a couple days - and stitch.


I worked on the angel in the middle. I also had to redo some of the cloud by her because I was off a stitch. Now I think I'm back on track. I will outline her tomorrow and get a few more clouds done. One would think it would go quickly but it really doesn't. There is a lot I have to pay very close attention to or end up taking it out. I've done that so many times, that I often wonder if I'm making headway or not. I can't wait to get to my next project. I could start it, but really don't want 2 things going at once. Bad enough I have that with quilting. Beading, embroidery, and cross stitching can stay with one project at a time.

Today ended up being busy and slow. Chatty and fun. A lot is going on in this world. I see protests and as much as I hate to admit it, I wish some of them would get the virus so they would understand how serious this is. Then I get mad at myself for thinking that, because I wish no ill will toward anyone. I just wish people would be more considerate, even if it was just to wear masks wherever they go. I believe a second wave is coming and I just hope I can be safe from it. I will try everything I can not to get it and not to give it to anyone else.

It's a good day. Each day I'm thankful for. Each day I'm enjoying being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...