Monday, May 25, 2020

MEMORIAL DAY

Today is the day to honor our war heroes.


This is Orville Grant Matheson. He served with McArthur's 3rd Army during WWII. I have been putting his letters on "Letter from the Past."  He didn't want to go into the Army. He was drafted. At 18 years old, he was drafted and enlisted in Bremerton WA instead of CA. He was then sent to Camp Haan, in CA for training. He was overseas and returned at the age of 20 or 21, where he died in Mississippi. He was still in the Army at the time. He came home to find he had a brain tumor. He didn't last 9 months after he returned. May God Bless him and may he RIP.

We have other veterans in our family. Orville is my great Uncle. He was so close to my great grandmother.

So, today, I wanted to post his photo. My father served 26 years in the military and is now buried at Tahoma National Cemetery. My mother will join him when the time comes. There are more family members that served the Civil War, WWI & WWII.

I was not working on my crafts today. We enjoyed the day with friends (2). Played games and had a good time visiting with each other.

May we all honor our Veterans with respect and reflect how lucky we are to have them. Tomorrow I will think about being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...