Monday, May 18, 2020

Happy Birthday, To Me!

This morning I slept in. The phone actually woke me up! It felt good to sleep in.

Today is my Birthday! The news was reminding me of 40 years today since the mountain blew. I turned 21 on that day. Dad gave me a camera for my Birthday and I went over to the other side of our hill to take photos of the mountain blowing. We had a good view. I had worried that dad was going to the mountain that day to work. Thankfully he stayed away. He could have been in the mess. He did work for the state then, and they had him go and do the figures on damage to the properties.

Now we are to 40 years later. My dad isn't around, but I think of him often. Mom called to say Happy Birthday. We had a good chat.

Patrick wanted to know what I wanted to do today. I had no idea. I thought we could ride the bikes around the neighborhood but it was chilly this morning. So, he worked out in the yard for a couple hours. When he came in, I decided not to ride the bikes. We went for a ride instead. We checked out the cemetery in Centralia to see if they cleaned up grandma's plot. It looked good. We didn't get out. Patrick just kept driving. We drove over to see Sandy and chatted with her while in the car. It felt so good to see her!! I missed not seeing her for awhile! I can't wait to get back to seeing my friends.

We then went KFC for supper and took it to the park. We ate there and enjoyed the view. I was surprised at how the park had teenagers without masks and without social distancing. After that, we went to Safeway and picked up my cake. Yum! I got an ice cream cake.

Came home and I worked on the beads.


It's coming along pretty good. Not real sure about the colors thou. Patrick said to wait till I get more done and it will come along fine. I'm getting there. I like working on it.

Then I decided to join Patrick and watch TV.


I got working on my Salem piece. I had to take out the tree stump that I did yesterday. Then I finished putting it back in. I was able to get about 100 stitches in, if not more. I am enjoying this piece. It's getting me back to cross stitching. That precious moments piece has been bugging me. I'll work on this and then I'll do the precious moments again. Think that one needs to be between pieces.

Today was a good day, even though I didn't have family around me. It was nice to get out and enjoy the weather. All in all, it was a very enjoyable day! That and being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...