Sunday, May 17, 2020

Wasn't Talking Much Today

Today started out good....then again, maybe not. I got ticked off at Patrick, so I didn't talk to him much all day. He knew I was ticked.

I got laundry going and then I went to work on getting the beading going. First I had to take out 2 more rows. Once I had that out, I was ready to go. I am paying a little better attention to the "satin" beads, as they are the ones that break. I know that now, and will not order any more of those! I will substitute them in the future.


I covered the center because I can't show this till after I give it away. UGH. So, I was able to get past 20 rows. I am not real thrilled with the colors and I hope it turns out better than it's looking. Time will tell on that. I will work on it more tomorrow.

Then I decided I would get my cross stitch piece ready to take with me to MI.....but before I knew it, I was working on it.


I decided I'm having too much fun. It's a lot more fun working on this one then the precious moments piece. I noticed the colors that they have in the pattern are not the colors they used on the pattern. So, I started it with "similar"  colors with the floss I'm using. Then I noticed it has some variegated floss colors. So, I went downstairs to see if I had some variegated colors. I did.


So, I took out what I had done, and reworked the variegated floss. I like this one better. It's also going into the tree, so I need to do sections at a time. There is another variegated floss on the roof of the houses, so I may change those too. I will wait and see when I get to them. There are things I want to think about. It doesn't have to be the exact same as the photo, but I want it to look as nice as the photo does. So, I want to keep things looking good and not slap happy.

My brother called me to wish me a Happy Birthday and I laughed at him. He was a day early. We laughed and then he said he was calling me back tomorrow. lol

Of course, because my 21st Birthday was when the mountain blew, I get reminded at how long it's been very 10 years. So, now they are celebrating the 40th year. Gee, thanks. It also makes it hard for me, because my dad gave me a camera on my 21st Birthday and I remember that so much! We went and took photos of the mountain blowing with my new camera.

Deep breath, all's good. I can at least say it was another great day for being Happy Stitching/Happy Qulting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...