Saturday, May 30, 2020

What Have We Become?

This morning I woke to the sound of thunder. I hadn't heard that in a very long time. It was nice to hear. It went on for a couple hours.

Then got laundry going again. Once Patrick was up, he turned the TV on to "Breaking News" in Seattle. My family is from Seattle. It's changed so much that a lot of them moved out. My cousin Cindy is in Tumwater. Anyway, the Rally's that were peaceful ended up with a bunch of others that went into Seattle and started fires, burning 4 police cars and a van - not sure if that was police or not. They couldn't do much because these people were out to get the police and at the same time, destroy West Seattle. Why? Can't people do things peacefully anymore? Whether we agree or disagree, doesn't mean you can destroy someones livelihood and think that's going to help your cause! Why do you think the police do what they do with people like that - no excuse for either one! Burning a city is not going to help your cause! I get sick every time I see that film on a policeman that didn't care what he was doing when he killed his arrested man! All we can do is make the changes ourselves. We have to look at ourselves and ask what we can do to change it, not burn a city down to make people believe you! UGH

Then I got going on my family history stuff. Actually I was working on Patrick's family. Got him back to his 11th great grandfather. But then that is only one out of how many 11th greats?!

I also decided to watch TV with Patrick. So, I got going on my cross stitching.


The good news is that I got the tree done, and I finished the house. Then I got going on the Salem wording. It's about half way done I believe. I have 2 houses in this and one is done, so I guess that means I'm half way. It's a Little House Needleworks piece.

So, today was a day of watching my city of Seattle being trashed. Between not knowing how much longer we have to distance and now it's how long will this be going on? When will this stop?

I'm going to try and move on. I know what I can do to change things, I just hope others can too. In the meantime, I'm going to try and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

We live in a small town which, thankfully, does not get a lot of uprisings.

I am with you, burning buildings, police vehicles and attacking law enforcement just does not make sense.

What happened was not right. The officers involved have been fired and/or arrested. It is now time for the investigations to be worked on and the legal system "do its thing" to get to a resolution. Burning cities down will not help.

One of the news stories I heard this morning was about riots in New York City......one of the women arrested wasn't even from NYC.....so why was she there throwing bombs into a police vehicle?

The world has gone mad.......and I am glad I live in a small town.

Your stitchery looks lovely.....thank you for sharing.



Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...