Thursday, May 28, 2020

Another Day I Shouldn't Have Planned For!

Today I was up and had a few things I wanted to get done. Laundry was one of them. This week seems to be the week where I get a call in the morning and I've got my day taken care of. 

Cheryl called first and we decided to meet up at 1 pm in her back yard, keeping social distancing. Then mom called and we chatted some more. She wanted me to come over next week to spend time with her. So, now it looks like Tuesday is that day. 

I got 2 loads of laundry in the wash. One was waiting on Patrick to finish his mowing so I could hang it out. Then I put another load in the washer and headed over to Cheryl's - after I watched a couple YouTube videos. I even worked on my abs with the video. 

Then it was time to go to visit with Cheryl. We chatted for a good 2 hours. We haven't seen each other for over 2 months and we just live down the street from each other. It was good to chat. We talked about books and what's going on. It was a good visit. 

Came home and my amazon order came in. It was the "watercolor paletes" for my beads. They didn't cost that much, and they look like it's what I've been looking for. 


So, I put the beads in the little boxes that usually have the water colors in them. It works great. This is a lot smaller and it works a lot better than the egg shell "puff" I was using. Patrick was helping me figure out what I wanted to use. It's a lot better than having 40 different beads on the mat and trying to keep them from mingling. I took the boxes out of the case. I will put them back in at night to keep them from getting messed with by the cat.....not that she has been doing that. 


Plus I can use the bobbin winder. I really like it, it keeps the thread from having to lay on top of my work. Plus it's kept nice and doesn't get messed up - till I mess it up that is. I didn't get much beading done 

Once I got going, I started working on a couple more letters from family members. I added 2 letters from Fred White, who was my great Uncle. Then I ended up finding out we have another request for QOV, and had to update my paperwork. Oh, then I had one of the water people tell me he paid more than I had down for him. So, had to go over all my records to make sure I didn't make a mistake....which I didn't. But felt bad. So, had to call and give him the bad news. Of course, I hate that. Was in the back room and sweating up a storm because it got hot today. I hate it when it gets that hot around here. But then again, over 75 degrees is HOT for me. Has been ever since I left Turkey in my teenage years. 

So, even though I didn't get anything done I wanted to. But at least I can "sort of" say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...