Sunday, May 10, 2020

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Being a mom, I thought I was entitled to sleep in. So I did! I slept till 10 am this morning. That is rare for me. I think the latest I have slept in these days is 9 am. I just couldn't get my eye to open up and call it a day to get going.

When I got up, I had a message from Phil looking for me. He wanted to call and chat. We chatted awhile. It was great. I enjoy talking to my son from time to time. Patrick was trying to tell me to tell him it's better to call then text. But I will take it either way! Texting is good too! Katt texted me. She had sent a really cool card earlier. Phil asked if I got the gift card he placed for me. I hadn't so he's checking on it. Chances are I'll get it tomorrow.

We went over to moms. We gave her a flower pot and Patrick cleared out the pots on the deck. He brought them home so he can fill them in and take them back. Plus he tried to get the watering system to work but he didn't have the 9-Volt batteries. So, we'll take the batteries next time we go and get it working for her. She's talking about having Patrick move the bird feeder to the front of the house. He told her he will do that next time. He put the embroidery piece I made up on the wall for her. It's in the living room. I was surprised, but I'm glad it's up on the wall.

We came back home. Then I finished getting my Ciabatta bread ready for baking.



I decided to work on my cross stitch today instead of the beading. I do want to get my beading done, but I also didn't want to rush myself.


I've got more done! I really did get more stitching in then I have in a long time. This thing is huge. I am really surprised at how big this is. It's coming along. I'll keep working on it.

After supper, I decided to make some Cowboy Cookies! Since it's a "no electric" day, I had to keep busy. I wasn't able to do my games. So, I cooked. I baked Ciabatta bread and baked cookies. Not that I needed to do either one! At this rate, I'm gaining weight! But I do love to cook, and because I love to cook, I also love to eat! I was doing good but lately, it's not that easy.


I had Patrick size the cookies! I couldn't see making such big cookies. He was going huge! But we still got 30 cookies out of it and it was supposed to be 24. Wow! He was a sweetheart and helped with clean up! I had the kitchen cleaned while we were baking the cookies, and he washed the dishes afterward. I was so surprised. I usually do the dishes and he wipes down.

It was a lovely day. I was able to visit mom and hear from my kids. I really can't wait for us to be able to get out again. When Patrick got some stuff from one of his worker - he wore the mask! I was so proud! At first I don't think she knew who he was.

Each day goes by, each day I wonder how much longer this will be. It's like I said before, "groundhogs day." At least today, I was doing other things that I haven't done for awhile. It's hard each day to figure out what I want for supper. We need to know and take something out. I keep feeling like "same old, same old." Groundhogs Day! I'm getting myself to go look for better recipes and try different things. I tried some Chinese food, but the crust was awful! I'm getting back to putting recipes on my recipes blog. Didn't realize it's been 6 years since I posted on there. Where does the time go?! I have been adding to my letters blog though. My binders are growing! At least I can keep posting here, because I'm always Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...