Friday, June 5, 2020

Took A Long Trip

This morning we were getting everything ready. Checked the house one last time. Dropping Sophie off at moms. She knew something was up when Patrick zipped the suitcases.  She ran under the bed. We got her out and Patrick was able to corner her in the bathroom. Took her to moms and Ethel was there with 3 quilts done for QOV.  Sophie took off under the bed at moms like she aways always does.

Then we drove an hour and a half to Portland.  We were an hour and a half early. So we sat and played on the phones. Once we boarded the plane we were off. We took Southwest airlines to Denver. Patrick got to boarder before I did. So he got the seats for us. Just as we were close to Denver the turbulence was awful! I hadn't been through one that bad in a long time. Reminded me why I hate flying! As a military brat you'd think I would be used to it. Got into Denver safely and got McD's for supper. About the only thing there to eat. We only had a 20 min lay over.


It was pretty much empty till a flight was coming or going. Not every often. This flight we all had masks on. The stewardess told the gal behind me to please put her mask on.


The flight to Milwaukee was a lot better.  We got in 20 mins early and was the last flight to get in. I read on both flights. I was reading the book on witchcraft in Salem.

We arrived at midnight,  so now we get 6 hrs sleep and tomorrow my sister-in-law will pick us up at 8 am. Then 4 hours to Escanaba.

Yet another day of not being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...