Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I Do Believe I'm Becoming A Broken Record!

Best laid plans - that's my broken record.

Today started out waiting for my new washer and dryer to arrive. I went downstairs to get the backing and batting cut for Debbie. I also cut some blocks for mom to do stars on.  I contacted Debbie to let her know it was ready. She arrived around the same time as our washer and dryer. The washer went in pretty good. After all the trouble Patrick had yesterday, it made things easier. To a point.....

He then got to work on the dryer....cussing...and worked on it.....cussing....and worked on it. The hose in the back was being a pain in the rear. After about 4 hours, and 2 trips to the store, he decided we would leave for the store and get gas in the truck. We were going to loose the points for gas rewards. So, it was the gas station, hardware store,  post office, grocery store, and then moms. Dropped off another quilt for Ethel to bind. I also dropped off the blocks I cut this morning.

We came home and it was time to get supper started. He worked on the dryer again, and after about 30 mins it came together. Then I was able to get a load of laundry - well needed! - into the new washer. I forgot to put it on the sensor for loading the soap.....so I had to do the load over. Oh, well. At least I know it works. The dryer works great too. I was surprised at the vent. It's a folded vent that collects the lent into it. I have to unfold it and take the lent out. I'm now into 3 loads of laundry so far today. Would have been 4 but I didn't have the first load using soap. Oh, what fun!

Patrick was so worn out that he went to be at 8 pm! I'm still getting a few things done.


I did work a few rows on the last panel. Never fails. I just wasn't in the mood to work on it. I wanted to do something - pacing all night! I just couldn't sit and work on something. So, I played a game I haven't played in a very long time on FB. I enjoy playing it again. I may start playing it more. Who knows.

I've got laundry folded and ready to put away, but with Patrick in bed it's hard to get them in the drawers they belong. So, they will be sitting out in the living room till tomorrow. UGH.

While we were out, it was interesting to see about half the people were wearing masks. The hard part is that we have gotten 32 new cases in the last 2 weeks. Lewis County has gone back to "normal" and doesn't care. So, half of us are wearing masks and the other half don't care. Chances are those of us that wear the masks are the ones will probably get it. Okay, time to get off "politics" on this blog. I try to stay way from politics on here. I made a comment on IG and the gal deleted me. I guess I deserve it but we need to communicate and not ignore.

So, my plans today didn't happen. As I said, Best laid plans don't work for me. Okay, today was not a day for Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...