Sunday, June 14, 2020

Back Home

The last week Patrick and I spent time with his family in the UP (Upper Michigan). He's a YOOPER! lol 

We had an awesome time with his family. They all were a blast. We played games. One of the games we played was "Left, Right, Center" where we played with 3 quarters a game. It was really cool. Patrick won one of the 3 end games - at the end of our playing we did one more game with $5 in the kitty before playing. Patrick's niece won the other 2. 

Yesterday was the day of plane rides back home. We took 4 hours driving to Milwaukee. There we said good bye to Patrick's sister. She had another 6 hour drive home. We waited in the airport 2 hours before it was time to go to Denver. Once we got on the plane, it took 2 hours to Denver. I slept through part of the flight. We arrived at Denver and had another 3 hour lay over. So, we walked the terminal and found some food to eat. Once we were done, we went to the station where we needed to be. I played some games and listened to my book on tape. 

When it was time to board, it was really interesting. They announced that we were to stay seated till our numbers were called. Of course, half the people don't pay attention to that. We were able to board in the first few numbers. I picked up close this time. I watched a gal come on with her husband, sit down next to a lady and told her husband to join her. The gal told her "no offense" but we are not related. The woman looked at her and said that didn't matter, she was related to her husband. Of course, they told us, the middle seat was to stay empty unless your family members. When the lady told her it was okay to have them sit next to each other, the woman in the seat said, "But I'm not related to you." That ticked the lady off and she mumbled all the way down the aisle to another seat. I had to laugh. It's funny what everyone wants to get away with. 

We had turbulence on all the flights. The worst one was the one going to Denver! 

We finally arrived home last night at 12 midnight. It was good to be home.  And I can actually say while I was gone, I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...