Thursday, June 4, 2020

Taking It All Out

This morning I was up early. I keep waking up with the sun. I was thrilled to get my eye mask today! Now I will be able to sleep without having trouble with light.

I did receive my cross stitch bars today! I was thrilled. Trouble was I ordered the wrong size. I got the smaller size and not the next size up. I sent an email to see if they will send me an invoice for the bars that I wanted. I'm hoping they do. I was thrilled to receive a chocolate bar too! Yum!

Then I got to work on taking out the beads of the project that was supposed to be a surprise. I didn't like the colors, and I didn't like the way it was coming out. So, I ordered more beads today - as if I don't have enough! I was going back and forth with Sharon on what she wanted and then I placed the order. All the beads are going to her house because I won't be around to get them. I'll have to go up when we get back to pick up my beads.


I cut three strips of beads out of the project - like a zipper! I cut a spot between the beads and then rip them apart.


Then I snipped the ends between beads. Once that was done, I could take my fingers and pull the beads off the string. There were times I had to cut again, because of the area where I hid the threads. It went really easy.


I put the light beads in one pile and the darker beads in another. Then I had to figure out what beads they were and what pile I had for that color. Trouble was, there is about 4 sets of beads that are so close to each other that it became a pain in the rear to figure out which color it was. I have a couple of them that are mixed up.

I then took the 2 strips I didn't get done, and pulled the beads off. Once I did that, I put them in a tube marked - "Need to divide" - for me to do later. It takes a good 2 hours to do a pile like the one in the photo. UGH Who knows I may just leave it like that till I need them. lol - Probably not.

Once all that was done, I cleaned the house. Vacuumed and visited with Scott across the street. I'm ready for our trip. We went out to eat tonight because everything is so clean. I will use the dish washer tomorrow before we go.

So, today wasn't quite a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Qulting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...