Friday, August 16, 2024

Applique Day Today

This morning I needed to go to drop off Sandy's stuff she gave us for the fair. I wanted to make sure she got it before we left. 

Then I headed to moms. I didn't stay long. Didn't even get lunch with then. I did give them all the cucumbers from the garden. Had to pick them before we left. I had a whole one yesterday that was really good. Mom had a lot of sweets out and of course; I couldn't pass those up! I try, but that darn Norwegian blood of mine can't pass it up! 

I worked on this piece. I have 2 leaves from the center that need to be done, then I will have to do the small circles off the leaves between the flowers. I like working on this, but my stitches need to be smaller. I am going to do back basting on the others. I don't care for this way. I do like this block though. It's going to be interesting how many I get done. At least I was able to get this much done. The circles will be a little more work. 

I left early. Needed to stop at Carol's to chat about our QOV veterans. She's doing an awesome job and we have the veterans pretty much scheduled till the end of Nov. Then we take a break till January. 

Next stop was at Debbie's. I wanted to help her with her machine. She was having a hard time. We chatted outside after we fixed the machine like what she wanted. The people she bought it from didn't set it up right and they are hard to get ahold of. We figured it out in a short amount of time. I took her coffee, so that helped. lol We must have chatted a good 2 hours! I'm glad I left early. lol I also showed her what she was going to pick up for me. If she needed any help, she could ask Kathleen. 

Came home and Patrick was just resting in his chair. He was looking good today. That's a good sign. Said he worked outside. Tomorrow I will need to figure out what I'm going to take with me. I have the embroidery that I want to take and I have the beading, so that part is done. As for the clothes, I need to cut back on what I'm taking. I tend to take too much and not wear half of it. So, I really need to think about what I want to wear and take about 5 to 7 days worth, knowing I will wash the clothes up there. 

So, all in all, I was able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...