Thursday, August 15, 2024

Fair Day

This morning, I was up early getting ready for the fair. I realized I had forgotten a few things. I also forgot to get back with Sandy on having BE stuff there from our group. I texted Sandy V last night to make sure she got her tickets. 

I started out with sending Bryan a family report on the ancestors of the Matheson side. I only gave him 5 generations, because it goes a lot longer than 16 pages otherwise. He will review and fix what needs to be fixed. I will get with him when we get back. I was lucky at the post office. No one was there. I did run into Rose, and we chatted. She said she's worried about Harris becoming President. I told her I was worried Trump would take away our rights to vote. She about came out of her car to tell me to be careful, Harris would do....... I was a little shocked at how she was pushing me for Trump. Guess that's why I don't talk politic to anyone. It's gotten out of hand. 

Went to Sandy's work to pick up the stuff for BE. Then headed to the fair. I was surprised they didn't take my ticket or my parking ticket. It was weird. I still have tickets and will give them away tomorrow if someone wants them. 

I checked out my beading. The parrot birds got the Superintend ribbon. I was shocked. I thanked Kathleen for that. 

I can understand why this one only got a blue. It's a little on the dull side. But they aren't supposed to judge on that. Really was surprised on the judging because of the ornament. 

My ornament got the division, and I was surprised. It wasn't as much work as the wall hanging birds. I'm thrilled either way. Just surprised me though. Now I have more ribbons to add to the ones I have downstairs. I like the big ribbons over the smaller ribbons. lol 

Sandy V and I chatted and worked on our pieces. We had a few people stop and look at our work. It was fun to see the surprise in some people faces with the bonsi tree I took. Still need to finish that and I need to get with Debbie Goff to see if she would help me with the flowers. 

I worked on my rose pattern. I really am not crazy about this one. The buttonhole stitches were taken out several times. I finally and it lay the way I wanted to. I must have done it three times before I got it to look suitable. Sill not thrilled with this one. I'm almost thinking of taking it out and doing it my way to get the same affect. I may yet. 

I picked up a cone dog, soft pretzel and cotton candy. Brought them home. I had the cone dog, and Patrick ate the soft pretzel. I was thrilled to see him eat that. He has been doing sugar more than anything and to see him eat the pretzel, warmed my heart. He needed to eat it. He's also been eating the cotton candy. I'm just glad I found something he was hungry for. Lately he isn't hungry for anything. 

Came home and played my game till my tablet ran low. Then I got to work on the ornament piece. I was able to get a good 20 rows done. I didn't take a photo but will tomorrow. Heading over to moms tomorrow. I need to leave early and go to Debbie's. Then come home. Mom won't be happy, but it is what it is. At least today I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...