Friday, August 2, 2024

Quilting And Beading

This morning, I woke to putting the 2 breads in the oven to bake. I realized I should have let it rise one more time, but decided the heck with it. They came out good anyway. I took on to moms for lunch, and was surprised at how much was eaten at lunchtime. 

Before heading to moms, I had to stop at the museum for a $75 check for membership. I gave Sam all the stuff and had an envelope that she could mail out with everything in it. 

Got to moms around 11 am which turned out a couple hours later than I planned. I took the veggie Patrick gave me to take. That went as well. Since I didn't have the time I would have wanted, I decided to work on the second block of mom's quilt. 

I got the pieces cut out from freezer paper. I still need to do a few more but will work on that later. I'm thinking of buying the templates from the company and make it a lot easier on myself. 

After lunch, everyone left. Nancy and mom talked to me about what happened at the meeting yesterday and said they didn't care for the way it was presented to me. They also said the four of them back at that end all agreed that I didn't need to do the extra work, because they didn't care what we had. I told them I did it this time and will not do it in the future for good reason. I don't have much respect for the two who made such a fuse yesterday. I will just do what I have been doing but won't chat or be free to say anything anymore to either of them. 

Patrick found a gorgeous embroidery work on FB, I believe. There was a link to the page, and I put it in my favorites. It shows some really pretty embroidery pieces! It tells one how to do the work, but not the pattern. I'm going to work on my own pattern. I want to do one that has cut work. AGAIN, here I go, thinking of another project! Still haven't learned to finish my stuff FIRST before I move on to another project! UGH 

Came home and decided I wanted to work on my beading. 

I wanted to get the second one done, so Patrick went to bed, and I finished up the second panel. I'm thrilled to get the second panel done and now I can call it a night. I will work on the third one. I will also make the pattern with the original colors to see which I like better. Sandy picked up the original colors for me when she went to Canada. I owe her for those. I also told her I would send the link to the shop I'm going to in MI that is a bead shop. If she wants anything they have up there, I will get it for her. 

She even sent me some pictures of cross stitch patterns she found at the Thrift shop and asked which ones I wanted. I told her I had 2 of them but wanted the other 2. 

It made my day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...