Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Working On A Quilt Top

This morning, I was up early. Can't seem to sleep later than 7:30 am because of the sun coming in the window. 

After Patrick was up, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do today. He was going to work on the strawberry jam. He was making that for Nancy, Phil, and mom. Think he has enough from last year to keep him busy. 

I went downstairs to get fabric for Georgie together. Then while I was down there, decided to try and work on that quilt top. 

I was working on getting that corner done. I had a hard time with it, since it's not the same width as the strips. I ended up taking out and putting in. Not my favorite job! 

Cutting strips out of this was a little challenging. With all the wrinkles it was a pain to make sure I cut them right. 


I was able to figure it out, but wasn't happy with it. The one on the bottom looks a lot better than the top. I wish it was the other way around. Now I will do the border in the off-white. Then it will be done. I didn't want to do the border after all that. I would probably have some trouble with it. I will work on it tomorrow or Thursday. That will be one less quilt to worry about for October. 

After all that, I called it done. So, I'm just going to call it a night and think about what I will do tomorrow before we go to moms for supper. I actually was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...