Sunday, June 30, 2024

A Weekend Of "Not Much"

I know I'm boring at times. Sorry about that. But sometimes, there isn't much to report. So, I decided instead of the usual, "blah, blah" I would wait and do the weekend together. 

Yesterday we pretty much stayed home. Didn't have anything to do. So, I baked a bread pudding. It turned out good, but I'm not a lover of bread pudding. Patrick really liked it, so I'm keeping the recipe. We had to walk to the corner store to get heavy cream. I couldn't believe it! We bought a dozen eggs, heavy cream, and some French fries for supper. That cost us $26! Ouch. But then the corner store isn't making money if they don't raise prices I guess. 

Today, I pretty much played my games. Then I decided I would try and bead. 


I put out the row to stitch. Then I started stitching to find out I needed to add another wire. While I was doing that, I saw a bead that looked like it went into the piece. Thinking I hit it and it rolled over to the other side. I added my new wire, then added the bead. I played it smart this time, I put a pin where I added that bead - Just In CASE. Well, that turned out to be a good idea on my part, because I had to take almost half the row out. Then I added it back in. That was about as far as I got today. 

When I was done, I took everything off the table to add a new tablecloth. This time we put out the one we got in Mexico. They hand made it and we decided we needed to enjoy it instead of putting it away. It's bright and pretty on the table now. 

Mom and Connie contacted me and said they have things to drop off. So, tomorrow both are coming over. Mom is coming with Nancy and Connie is coming as well. So, I will need to get a backing cut for Connie and I will need to be ready for mom. 

The weekend was actually enjoyable. Patrick was outside working in the yard, I was beading. Then when he was in the house, we chatted and enjoyed each other's company. I'm a little worried about him though. He's really losing weight. We talked about him getting jeans that will fit, since the ones he has are really baggy. He's down a good 10 lbs since April. 

Other than all that, I'm still keeping myself Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...