Monday, July 1, 2024

Boring Day -

This morning, I was up and playing games. I was expecting company, so I needed to vacuum and get a few things done. Laundry went in, and dishwasher was ran. 

Connie arrived around 11 am. She dropped off 4 quilts that were ready for bindings. I gave them to Patrick to take to moms, since he had to go up to Olympia for blood tests. I stayed home to do some other stuff. While she was here, we talked about the quilt top I was thinking of doing. 



I was trying to decide which color I liked better with the blocks. I'm going to frame the flag of each state and then do the strips. Patrick and Connie both liked the one on the left. 


I found 8 of the smaller blocks with the same fabric and put them on top. I will need to work on the length and that will help. I haven't decided if I will put the blue pinwheels in between those, as I have 6 of them. Connie suggested I do the strips up and down instead of the same direction of the flag panel. I liked that idea and may do that. It's still in the working stage. 

Mom called to say she and Nancy would not make it over. Mom had to go back to the bank, because someone has her information and has gotten her credit card 3 times in the last 2 months. Actually, twice in the last 2 weeks. So, she having to change her information. It's going to take some time for her to get that fixed. 

 Walked with Ron and we got 6 laps in. Then I showed him how to trim the roses he has in his back yard. They are really pretty. New leaves coming in, so he will be enjoying them all summer. 

Then I decided to play some more. I just sat down with my beading, audio book, and my tablet when Patrick arrived. I fixed the 2 sets of beads that had gotten other beads in the box. 

I got the bread going, since I made sourdough bread from last night. It was raising nicely and time to bake. 

Let Scott know the bread was done and to come get one. We had hamburgers tonight and Patrick picked up the buns, so we didn't get to cut the bread tonight. It will be good and ready tomorrow. Scott came by and picked up his loaf. He was smelling it all the way home. Then got a text that he started in on it when he got home. Poor Teri, she wasn't home yet. He tends to eat most of it before she gets in the door. 

As much as I would have loved to be, it wasn't may day for Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching. 

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...