Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Still Waiting For That Day.......

This morning, I was up about the time Patrick was leaving for golf. I played for awhile and then I headed out the door. 

My dental appointment was at 10:30 am. I decided on a new dentist and I found that I really like this guy better than the one I had. Worst part of it is that I haven't been in over a year. So, this time they checked my teeth and found I needed to get 3 of my fillings redone because of cracks. Then he told me I needed a month guard at bed. He also said the crown that my other dentist wanted to take out, was fine for now and didn't need to be taken out yet. There was another one as well but we are going to wait and see for that. I get my teeth cleaned in September because of the schedule being full. I didn't mind. I do go back Monday (got the cancelation time) for the filling to be redone. UGH But I wanted it to be done and over with. Let there around 11:45 am. I felt good about going there. 

Came home and Patrick went to take a nap. While he was doing that, I was walking and beading. I beaded a row when Ron called and then I beaded another row after the walk. I am pretty sure I got 3 rows in today. 

I had my headphones on and listening to my book. 

After supper, I planned to play games and listen to my book, since I don't care for the shows Patrick watches each day. I told him I had my buds in and that I wanted to listen to my book. "Since you're listening to your book, I'm going to watch my Star wars show." While the news was on before that, he started talking to me. I had to try and listen to him and my book. Then after the news, he watched his show. Once that was over, he started talking to me again. I would turn and say, "What?" and he would carry one. I had to shut my book off every few minutes to hear what he had to say - AND HE KNEW I WAS LISTENING TO MY BOOK! But, nope, he wanted to chat. I just kept listening to my book, because (and don't tell him) it was more interesting than what he was talking about. He would remember what happened at golf and start talking. Drove me crazy today!

Then I pulled out the quilts mom gave me that where done. 

I wrote the names on the labels and called them done. This is one of Connie's. 

Actually, all three of these are hers. She did an awesome job on the panels. I don't get why she doesn't like doing panels. She's so talented!

I now have 7 quilts ready to go to the museum and another 5 that I have to sew the labels on. I'm so glad I have them sew the labels on when they do the bindings anymore! Saves time on my part. 

Mom called. She's been working with my brother on fixing her computer and passwords. She's got another credit card since it's been hacked twice in the last week and a half. At least my brother is helping her out and she's learning what to do. 

I'm still waiting for the day I get back to my normal self. Today was pretty close to it. But not really. I want to do more, just don't have the energy to do more. I watch Patrick lose weight and it bothers me. And just I take each day as it comes. Waiting for the day to feel better. Waiting for the day to do more. Waiting for the day - of what, I don't know. At least not waiting too much longer to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...