Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Trying To Stay Cool - And Still Quilt

 This morning, I went out early to pick blueberries. I was able to get 4 cups. I didn't clean them up yet, but I will tomorrow. 

After that, Ron called, and I told him we would wait till later today. By that time, it would be cooler - so I thought. We reached 106 degrees at 6 pm - so I know we were closer to 110 degrees today. When he did call at 7:30 pm, it was still too hot to go walking. Told him we will wait till Thursday to go out and walk. 

I headed downstairs. I wasn't going to put up with this heat upstairs. 

Before I went down, I added the label to this quilt. At first, I was trying to see who quilted it, then remembered it went to the church. So, Linda Nelson quilted it. 

Downstairs I got busy with the quilt I was working on. 


This was the original plan, with strips. When I sewed the 2 "Hole in the Barn Door" blocks together, the flag was too small to line up. I could have done a wider border of gold but didn't. I was having trouble with it being too wide with my ideas. 

So, I called Patrick down to help me out. He revamped the idea. 

Now the new idea is to add the blue strips and white strips to this quilt. Then there will be a red border and another blue border. Can't remember the order. This is what the bottom part will kinda look like. The top will be the same. Patrick likes to have the panels in the middle and can't seem to go with the panel on top. Oh, well. He mapped out the quilt for me, so I just need to follow the instructions. lol We all know how that goes sometimes! Even he commented on me screwing it up sometimes. He told me to pay attention to the pattern. lol 

Mom and Nancy came when I had the panel part done. They picked up more fabric for stars and left with binding fabric as well. Nancy took 3 panels and will return one because she doesn't have the fabric to go with it. 

I sewed the bottom together and decided to call it done. I then went to play on my tablet and listen to my book. When Patrick came down, he reminded me of the certificates. So, I got that done. After my printer downstairs quit working on me! I had to come up here to get the printer to work. It did fine with the paper I have, so will do them up here from now on. Time to get rid of that computer and printer. 

I'm done for the night. Time to call it a night and be ready for gambling tomorrow! lol Patrick wanted to get out. He was golfing today, but had a bad day with the one he golfs with. At least I stayed cool and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...